1. Roasted Butternut Squash
• Pre-heat the oven to 365°F.
• Peel and cube the butternut squash. Season with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
• Roast for 35 minutes.
• Mash until smooth and set aside.
2. Béchamel Sauce • Begin by warming 4 cups of milk over medium-low heat until little bubbles form at the edges. Remove from the heat. • In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in flour and cook until paste forms (about 2 minutes). Be careful not to brown the paste. • Slowly whisk in the hot milk and bring to a boil. • Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. • Lower the heat and cook, stirring for about 2 more minutes. • Remove from the heat and cool. Pour a very thin layer of milk on top of the sauce to prevent a skin from forming on the sauce.
3. Cheese Filling • In a mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ricotta, mozzarella cheese, finely chopped parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. • Set aside.
4. Lasagna • Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. • In a baking dish, begin layering your ingredients. Start with a layer of cheese sauce, followed by lasagna noodles, then squash, and cheese. Repeat until the dish is full. • Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the noodles are cooked. • Let stand for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.