Coconut, Lime & Blackberry Sorbet
What better way to escape from Cayman's hot, hot summer days than with my Coconut, Lime & Blackberry Sorbet! This recipe for cool, not-too-sweet, sorbet is a delicious treat on its own, and can also be made into popsicles for the kids [and you]!
1 Hr 30 Mins
8-12 People or 8 Popsicles
- Prepare the ice-cream maker by chilling the bowl according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add one cup of coconut water and sugar and stir until dissolved. Mix in the coconut milk and lime juice.
- In a saucepan, add blackberries, ¼ cup coconut water, and sugar, and cook down for about 8-12 minutes or until the blackberries have broken down and have a jam-like consistency. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Start the ice cream machine and pour the sorbet base into the bowl. The sorbet will take some time to churn. Once it has thickened, spread half of the sorbet in a pan or round container and swirl some of the blackberry jam into the sorbet. Repeat until all the jam and coconut sorbet have been used.
- To make coconut lime & blackberry popsicles, pour a little of the coconut milk base into a popsicle mold. Freeze for 30 minutes before adding a layer of blackberry jam and topping with the coconut milk mixture. Freeze for another 15 minutes before adding the final layer mixture and jam to top off the molds. Place popsicle sticks or popsicle mold tops into the molds and let freeze overnight or until frozen solid.