Warm Lentil Salad
This tangy and refreshing salad is perfect as a filling, meat-free meal or can be served alongside grilled protein.
4 - 6 People
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Chop the fennel bulb, up to the stalk, and place on a baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil, and some of the chopped fennel leaves. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the fennel is roasting, cook the lentils. In a small saucepan, boil four cups of water. When at a rolling boil, add two cups of red lentils and boil for 4 minutes. Strain and place in a large bowl.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the bowl.
- Chop the mint, parsley, and fennel leaves and set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes and add to the bowl.
- Once the fennel is done roasting, add to the bowl. Add in the chopped herbs.
- Toss the dressing into the salad, and serve warm.