Baked Macaroni and Cheese Baked macaroni and cheese always hits the spot whenever you're looking for a comfort food recipe. It's a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a side or a main. Make this recipe your own by adding veggies or bacon. You can also experiment with your cheese choices for endless possibilities.
What you need
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a sauté pan, melt butter and add flour. Cook for about 2- 4 minutes; until golden brown in color
- In a pan bring Milk low boil; medium heat. With a whisk add small amounts of the flour mixture to the milk and whisk until completely incorporated
- Keep adding and whisking flour mixture until the milk thickens
- Fold in the cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper (if needed)
- Add cooked macaroni, stir until completely coated with the cheese sauce. Pour into baking dish
- In a small mixing bowl; mix the bread crumbs and olive oil together.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the macaroni and bake for 45 mins