Asparagus & Chicken Risotto This dinner for two is full of flavor and complimenting textures. The simplicity of this recipe, the fragrant garlic, crisp asparagus, and creamy risotto will have you coming back for more.
- 25 mins
- 25 mins
What you need
- Sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil, over medium to high heat; for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the risotto and chicken bouillon, stir until coated with oil. Allow the bouillon to dissolve.
- Add chicken broth to cover the rice. Stir frequently; keep a very close watch on the rice. When the rice absorbs the liquid add more chicken stock to cover the rice. Repeat this process until you have used all of the chicken stock and water.
- Check the rice to see if it's cooked. Right before the rice is finished add the cooked chicken, asparagus, 3/4 cup of cheese and 1/8 cup parsley.
- Fold in the cream to finish and allow the risotto to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley, shredded cheese, salt and pepper.
- You can find all these ingredients at all your Foster’s Food Fair IGA stores