Baked Alaska Enjoy your festive Baked Alaska with the lights off! It's a spectacular and tasty dessert that will light up your holiday.
- 40 mins
- 25 mins
What you need
- Bake the pie shell in a 350°F oven and allow to totally cool.
- Smear strawberry jelly on the bottom of the pie shell
- Put ice cream in a mixer and blend until it is creamy smooth. Then scoop the ice cream into the pie shell and place in freezer for 2 or more hours.
- In a clean bowl, add 5 egg whites and beat until soft peaks form (remember to save ½ eggshell for the top of the meringue).
- Pull the pie from the freezer and scoop meringue on top
- Place eggshell on top of the meringue, pushing it in until the edge of the shell is level with the top of the meringue. At this point, you can put the pie in the freezer and save until later
- When you’re ready to serve, use a very hot broiler for just ten seconds or torch the meringue with a kitchen torch to brown the meringue.
- Pour a shot of rum into the eggshell and carefully light the rum. Turn off the lights and enjoy your beautiful dessert.