Beef Bourguignon Try this recipe for a delicious treat
- 1.5 hr
- 1.5 hr
What you need
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Cube the beef chuck and season with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven pot over medium-high heat, brown the bacon and remove. Brown the beef chuck in small batches and set aside.
- Sauté the carrots, white onion and garlic for about 6 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes. Deglaze the pot with cognac (watch for flames!).
- Add the pinot noir and beef broth and place the meat back into the pot.
- Cover and place into the oven and let cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Prep the pearl onions (remove the skin) and clean and slice the mushrooms during the last 25 minutes of cooking.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter and caramelize the pearl onions for about 6 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet and melt. Sprinkle flour and stir until it is incorporated in the mushrooms and onions.
- Add into the Dutch oven and stir. Cover and allow to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes before serving.