Black Bean & Avocado Hummus We love hummus! Try this easy flavorful recipe.
- 10 min
- 10-12 min
What you need
- In a food processor, add the drained black beans, tahini, avocado, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, parsley and season.
- Cover and turn on processor.
- While the processor is on, start to add the oil in a slow steady stream through the hole at the top of the processor.
- Run until the hummus is smooth, about 2-4 minutes.
- If you find the hummus dry you can slowly add small amounts of the reserved black bean liquid to get a rich, smooth, creamy consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Bake your own pita chips. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- Cut the pita bread into small triangles and place in a baking pan.
- Place baking pan in the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the triangles are crispy and toasted.
- Remove, allow to cool and serve with the hummus.