Caramel Sauce Learn to make ooey-gooey caramel sauce! Once you master this recipe, you'll find yourself topping all of your desserts with homemade caramel! Play video
- 5 Mins
- 15 Mins
What you need
- In a clean, heavy bottom pan over medium heat, pour in sugar so it evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Let sit in the pan, for about 8 minutes, until about ¾ of the sugar has turned to liquid. Begin swirling the liquid sugar in your pan to keep the center from burning. Keep a very close eye on the sugar!
- Add your butter and quickly begin whisking.
- While continuing to whisk, and almost immediately after the butter is in the pan, add the cream and continue to whisk to incorporate all of the ingredients into the sugar.
- The caramel will begin to bubble. Be careful not to allow the caramel to boil or bubble over as you’re whisking.
- Once incorporated, your caramel will be a pretty, light brown color. Carefully add the caramel to a mason jar and allow to cool.
- Store the caramel at room temperature for up to one month.