Coconut Lionfish Curry This simple curry incorporates flavors from around the Caribbean for an aromatic, flavorful dish! Play video
- 1 Hr 15 Mins
- 20 Mins
What you need
- For best flavor, season the fish with salt and pepper and marinate for at least one hour in 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, juice from ½ a lime, and 1 teaspoon of pepper jelly.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, toast the ground cumin, coriander, and turmeric until aromatic (about 3 minutes).
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for about two minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for another two minutes.
- Add the marinated lionfish and marinade to the pan and gently stir for about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to break up the fish.
- Pour in the coconut milk and gently stir.
- Add roughly chopped spinach, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for about 4 minutes while the spinach wilts. Turn off the heat and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sliced Thai chilis.