Coconut Shrimp This recipe is great for entertaining as it's light, quick and great to eat with your fingers. Coconut and Shrimp are also a match made in heaven so your guests will love it. Enjoy making your favorite appetizer at home with this quick and simple recipe.
What you need
- Preheat a pot or fryer with the vegetable oil. If you are doing this on the stove, be careful of hot oil!
- While your oil is heating, peel, and de-vein the tiger shrimp
- Place flour in one dish
- In another dish, mix the plain bread crumbs, shredded coconut, salt, and pepper
- Get a separate bowl, beat the 3 large eggs
- Take the shrimp and dust them with flour, then dip in the eggs
- Finally, pack the shrimp with the breadcrumb/coconut mixture
- Once all the shrimp are coated, place them one at a time into the hot oil and cook for 3 to 5 mins
- The coconut shrimp is done when the tail turns pink and the coating turns golden brown