Crab & Corn Chowder You guys, this crab & corn chowder is SO yummy, and perfect to get you in the mood for fall or your main course! Play video
- 10 Mins
- 60 Mins
What you need
- Remove the uncooked corn kernels from the cob and set aside. Add the cleaned cobs to a stock pot and add milk, water, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-25 minutes. Remove the cobs and discard.
- Make a roux by melting the butter and stirring in flour until combined. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the mixture is cooked through but not dark in color.
- Whisk small amounts of roux into the hot stock until all incorporated and the stock becomes silky smooth. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt a small amount of butter. Once the butter has melted, add the corn and sauté until tender and cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the crab meat and chop the parsley. Stir in the corn, crab, and parsley and simmer for 4-8 minutes. Serve hot.
- For a smoother consistency, blend the soup.