Creamed Corn Try this recipe for a creamy, fulfilling treat!
What you need
- On a cutting board and with a sharp knife cut the kernels off each cob.
- Heat a large skillet, on medium-high heat. Add the butter to the hot pan and melt.
- After the butter is melted, add the fresh corn kernels and cook for about 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over the sautéed corn and stir. Pour in the heavy cream and gently stir until flour starts to thicken the cream.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve
- In a small mixing bowl add the bread crumbs, olive oil, and parsley, then mix until combined. Spread over the corn mixture before serving.