Ginger Cookies My ginger cookies with eggnog icing are going to become your new Christmas staple. Not only are they soft and chewy, but they smell and taste like Christmas with aromas of ginger, nutmeg, and eggnog. They're even Santa approved! Play video
- 20-30 Mins
- 12 Mins
What you need
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Using a kitchen mixer, cream the butter and sugar together constantly scraping down the sides bowl. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add the molasses and ginger until well incorporated into the dough mixture. Add the baking soda and 1 cup of flour and mix until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix in the remaining cup of flour. Do not over mix the dough.
- Scoop or roll the cookie dough and evenly place on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a little brown sugar and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- The rolled cookie dough can be stored in the fridge up to a week or in the freezer. To bake, simply thaw to room temperature and bake.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add vanilla, eggnog, and nutmeg and mix well. Fold in powdered sugar and stir until well blended.
- Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle, ice, or half dunk them in eggnog icing. Allow the icing to harden.