Ginger Tea Bread With hints of ginger and creamy sweetness - my delightfully tasty ginger tea bread will melt in your mouth! I'd say it's an excuse for tea time, and how I love tea time! Serve with a warm cup of tea, and share! Play video
- 10 Mins
- 55 Mins
What you need
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a kitchen mixer, cream together room temperature butter and sugar. Slowly add molasses and eggs.
- Once combined, add all dry ingredients a little at a time.
- Slowly add buttermilk and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased bread or cake pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the center is done. Check this by sticking a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is baked and ready to go.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- If you would like to ice the bread, mix one cup of powdered sugar with ½ teaspoon vanilla, and ½ tablespoon milk. Pour over bread once cooled.