Goats Cheese, Leek & Blackberry Galette Tanya's sweet and savory Goats Cheese, Leek & Blackberry Galette combines creamy, sweet and earthy flavors into one simple and delicious recipe you simply must try. Play video
- 20 Mins
- 3 Hrs 25 Mins
What you need
- In a mixing bowl, add flour and salt. Cube butter and add to the flour mixture. Use your hands to mix until you have a crumbly mixture. Add water and knead the dough until the mixture comes together. Chill the dough for two hours, or overnight, before rolling it out.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and olive oil. Sauté the onions, and stir occasionally until brown and caramelized (about 20- 25 minutes). Set aside.
- Sauté the leeks in 1 teaspoon butter and season with salt and pepper. Add the cream and re-season if needed. Reduce the cream until it is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees
- Roll out pie dough into an 11-inch diameter circle. Spread the cream sauce on the center of the pie dough. Be careful not to spread any cream to the edge of the dough. Spread the caramelized onions and drizzle with blackberry jam. Add a few whole blackberries. Crumble the goat's cheese evenly over the mixture. Fold the edges of the dough over to make a crust. Place galette on a greased sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked.