Grilled Artichokes Learn to perfectly season and grill artichokes! They're tender, delicious, and surprisingly satisfying! Play video
- 30-40 Mins
- 10-20 Mins
What you need
- Trim artichokes by cutting off the dry part of the stem and removing the outer leaves from the bottom of the artichoke.
- Use a paring knife to remove the small leaves from the base and stem of the artichoke and peel the hard skin from the stem.
- Slice the artichoke in half, lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove the purple leaves and the hairy portion.
- Soak the halves in lemon water before steaming, face down, for about 20 minutes.
- While the artichokes are soaking and steaming, heat the grill.
- Season the artichokes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill the artichokes over low heat for about 10 minutes or until the artichoke heart is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.