Grilled Tomahawk Steak Try this grilled steak recipe with delicious twist for a delectable surprise!
- 15 mins
- 1 hr
What you need
- Generously season with salt, pepper and olive oil, and allow the steak to sit on the counter until it is room temperature.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Sear the steak for 3 minutes, turn 45° and sear for another 4 minutes.
- Flip and repeat.
- Move to the cooler side of the grill and cook each side for 10-12 minutes watching that the steak does not get too charred.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 125°F for medium rare steak.
- Slice and serve hot with thyme compound butter.
- Finely chop the thyme and shallot.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients, season and roll into a six-inch log in parchment paper.
- Chill for at least two hours to allow flavors to develop. Slice and serve on top of your hot, sliced tomahawk steak.