Hasselback Butternut Squash This Hasselback Butternut Squash is elegant, delicious and guaranteed to be the star of any dinner table.
- 15 mins
- 15 - 20 mins
What you need
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Use a peeler to peel the butternut squash and cut the butternut in half lengthwise.
- Use two wooden spoons and rest the butternut on the spoons lengthwise.
- Using a very sharp knife cut small ¼ inch cuts width wise from bottom to top of the butternut.
- Repeat with the second half.
- Rub both cut halves of butternut with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray flat side down.
- Combine the butter and honey together and brush half on the butternut. Sprinkle with thyme and push some into the slits.
- Place in oven, after about 20 mins baste the butternut with the honey butter spread.
- Cook for another 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- Any remaining honey butter spread can be brushed on to glaze.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins and serve.