Honey Basil Green Salad This salad is refreshing, light, and a perfect side dish for those hot summer night BBQs.
- 30 Mins
- 15 Mins
What you need
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Remove the woody stock from the asparagus and discard. Cut the asparagus in half and add to the boiling water. Cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from the water, strain, and cool completely. Blanch the green beans for 3-4 minutes and remove from the water. Allow to drain and cool.
- Measure the frozen peas and remove the frost by running them under water. Set aside until assembling.
- Drain and roughly chop the artichokes.
- Peel the avocado and dice.
- Chiffonade the basil leaves. To chiffonade, lay all the basil leaves on top of each other and roll into a tight bundle. Cut the bundle into thin strips.
- To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, and water. Season with salt and pepper, and add the basil leaves.
- Assemble the salad by adding all the vegetables to the arugula and toss with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.