Lasagna Lasagna is a classic favorite for most households. Give your dinner gusts a slice of comfort with this delicious recipe. Lasagna is also great for meal prep, bake on Sunday, slice it up and enjoy throughout the week!
What you need
Cook your Sauce
- Place a heavy saucepan on med/high heat, and add Olive oil. Add the ground beef and garlic, cook until meat is brown. Add the tomato sauce.
- Use the cans to measure ½ can of water and get any remaining tomato sauce (rinse the cans going back and forth) to the sauce.
- Add all dry ingredients to the sauce, and stir well. Taste for seasoning and allow to cook for 1hour on a low simmer; stir occasionally.
- In a glass bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a heavy baking dish add tomato sauce to the bottom of the dish and spread evenly.
- Add noodles to cover the tomato sauce (about 6 dry lasagna sheets), then spread about ½ of the cheese mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly with the ½ of the shredded mozzarella, provolone, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layering with tomato sauce, noodles, cheese mixture and shredded cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over the top of the layers and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until noodles are completely cooked through. Allow to rest for 25 minutes before serving.