Maple Glazed Turkey My Maple Glazed Turkey is easy, delicious, and just the right amount of sweet to wow your holiday guests! Play video
- 15 Mins
- 3 Hrs
What you need
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Wash the entire turkey with cold water and pat dry. Tuck the wings under the body.
- Place two to four sage leaves under the skin of the turkey. Brush the entire turkey with half a cup of maple syrup. Generously season with salt and pepper. Drizzle maple syrup over the entire bird. Place pads two generous pads of butter on top of the turkey before placing in the oven.
- Cook at 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Baste the turkey with maple syrup and cook, covered with aluminum foil, for another 30 minutes at 350°F.
- After 30 minutes, baste again and add another pad of butter on top of the turkey.
- Baste the turkey every 30 minutes with maple syrup and juice from the pan until cooking is complete – about 3 hours.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the turkey. The breast should read 170° and the leg should read 180°.