Open Faced Serrano Goats Cheese Sandwich You will be proud of this open faced masterpiece!
- 10 Mins
- 10 Mins
What you need
- For this recipe, it is important to have all your ingredients prepped and ready for assembling.
- Pre-heat oven to high broiler. Have thick slices of buttered bread ready on a sheet pan.
- Fill a saucepan with 3 inches of cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Once at a boil reduce heat to a simmer. Add vinegar and swirl water. Break the eggs into separate small bowls. Slide the egg into the water with care by holding the bowl close to the water and allowing the egg to slowly slip into the water. Gently swirl the water again. Allow the egg to cook for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked to the preferred doneness of the egg yolk. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and drain for a few seconds on a paper towel.
- While eggs are cooking, place bread under the broiler for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Place buttery crusty toast on a plate, place spinach leaves on top of the toast, then add creamy goats cheese, serrano ham, top with the poached egg. Drizzle lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt & freshly ground pepper.