Pear Upside Down Cake Treat your palate with this delectable dessert!
- 25 mins
- 45 mins
What you need
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Peel, core and slice the pears.
- In a small saucepan, start to melt 2 tablespoons of butter. As the butter begins to melt, add ¾ cup brown sugar to the pot and stir until a loose paste forms. Pour into a greased, 9-inch cake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, milk or cream, vanilla, 8 tablespoons of very soft butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and eggs.
- Arrange sliced pears in the cake pan.
- Gently and evenly pour cake batter into the cake pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before placing a plate or serving tray on the cake pan and flipping to remove the cake from the pan.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel or vanilla ice cream.