Polenta with Swiss Chard My Polenta with Swiss Chard is the perfect, easy weeknight meal. Creamy polenta and garlicy sauteed swiss chard topped with blue cheese is the perfect flavor combination.
- 5 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
What you need
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the milk and chicken stock to a boil.
- Add the polenta and reduce heat to medium. (You should always have a 3:1 ratio of liquid to polenta)
- Cook for about 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Watch that the polenta does not boil over.
- With about a minute left, fold in the blue cheese. Season with a little salt.
- If your polenta is too thick, add a little water or chicken stock.
- The polenta will be thick and smooth when done.
- While the polenta is cooking, add olive oil and butter to a saucepan over medium-high
- Sauté the crushed garlic and roughly chopped swiss chard until the swiss chard is wilted.
- Serve on top of the polenta.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and serve warm.