Roasted Sage Chicken Sunday Roast just got juicier with this Roasted Sage Chicken Recipe. It's the perfect dish for sharing on a Sunday afternoon. Try this recipe for a simple, yet flavorful traditional roast chicken.
- Pre-heat Oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and clean the chicken, then pat dry.
- Loosen the skin on the breast and place three sage leaves with a pat of butter and put the skin back on the breast. Repeat with the other side of the breast.
- Season the outside and cavity of the chicken with paprika, salt, and pepper; rub into the skin well. Add the rest of the butter to the top of the chicken.
- Place in a baking pan and put in the oven on the bottom rack. Bake for 60 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before you carve.