Roasted Turkey Try this simple roasted turkey recipe to perfect all your holiday gatherings. Add a few extra spices and your favorite stuffing to make this recipe your own. It's an easy way for turkey roasting beginners to become professionals.
What you need
- If you buy a frozen turkey, take approximately 24 hours to thaw, depending on the size of the turkey
- Remove turkey from the plastic bag and remove the gizzards and neck from the cavity of the bird
- Wash turkey very well under cold water and dry
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper
- Put three pads of butter on top and one inside the cavity. Place the rosemary sprigs under the skin
- Place in a 350°F oven for approximately 2 hours for a 10-12 pound turkey, or until a meat thermometer reads 160-165° in the leg.
- After a half hour, pour the water over the turkey and baste. Continue to baste every half hour.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before carving.