Rustic Vegan Pumpkin Ragu Try this recipe for a delicious treat
- 20 mins
- 25 mins
What you need
- Peel, remove seeds and dice pumpkin. Chop the shallots and garlic.
- Dice the onion, clean and slice the leeks (cut off the dark green part and the end. Slice the stalk lengthwise. Run the leeks under water and slightly separate the layers to help dislodge any grit).
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté the veggies (except the pumpkin) in olive oil until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced pumpkin and stir.
- Add coconut milk and one can of water. Reduce heat to medium.
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season.
- Julienne the sage and add in about 3 minutes before it is done cooking.
- Serve over pasta or your favorite vegan base.