Spicy Maple Bourbon Bacon Jam My spicy maple bourbon bacon jam is the perfect mix between sweet and savory with a subtle kick to finish off every bite.
- 10 Minutes
- 20-30 Minutes
What you need
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Finley chop the onion and shallot and sauté over medium-high heat in some of the bacon fat until they begin to caramelize.
- Add chopped garlic and minced jalapeno. Cook the ingredients down.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once caramelized, add the maple syrup, bourbon, and sugar and reduce for about 10 minutes. Make sure the jam does not boil over or reduce too much.
- Allow to cool and serve over the sausage biscuits.
- Store the jam in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.