Shepard's Pie Enjoy family night with a juicy dish of Shepard's Pie. This recipe has great layers of flavor that mesh well when cooking. This dish is great for weeknight meals with the kids, and serve great as leftovers!
What you need
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel, dice and bring the potatoes to a boil in salted water. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling; in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil, then add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes and then add the ground meat.
- Cook until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the fat and add the broth, tomato paste, and herbs. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the meat mixture into a baking dish; set aside. Then add the peas and corn on top of the meat mixture.
- Drain the potatoes and then mash them with butter, milk, and salt. Spread them evenly over the vegetable layer. Bake until golden, 30 to 35 minute.