Spicy Pineapple Chutney Fruity, spicy and sweet – these great condiments work really well on pork. It's an easy recipe that is quick to make and, packs in huge flavor; giving the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. Have a spoon of spicy pineapple chutney with you dinner tonight!
What you need
- Skin and core the pineapple. Then cut the pineapple into a large dice
- Remove the seeds from the red pepper and Scotch Bonnet pepper and cut into a medium dice.
- Start preheating your frying pan dry, with no oil, on high heat
- Cut the onion into a medium dice
- Take your pre-heated pan and add the onion and pineapple and allow to cook
- Add the red pepper and Scotch Bonnet and stir. Allow the pineapple juice to evaporate. This usually takes about 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and allow to boil. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Cool and store in air-tight jars. In the refrigerator, the chutney will last for about 5 days.