Spinach & Barley with Grilled Chicken Try this Spinach, Barley and Grilled Chicken with the Honey Dijon Vinaigrette. This is perfect for quick weeknight dinners. You are in for a treat.
- 15 mins
- 24-26 mins
What you need
- Cook barley in boiling salted water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, 24 to 26 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Slice chicken breasts into ½ inch strips. Rub chicken with salt & pepper, fresh thyme and drizzle olive oil. Marinate 15 minutes before grilling.
- Grill on direct heat until the internal temperature registers 160°F-165°F, about 5-6 minutes per side. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss together spinach, radishes, grilled asparagus, scallions, grilled carrots, barley, and vinaigrette in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sliced chicken