Strawberry Jalapeno Bruschetta It's naturally sweet, it's a little spicy and it works perfectly as a bruschetta! You can even serve the salsa on salmon, in chicken tacos or eat it by itself! Play video
- 20 Mins
- 1 Hr 15 Mins
What you need
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, cut into a small dice and place in a mixing bowl.
- Split the jalapenos in half, remove the seeds and cut into a small dice. Dice the onion.
- Finely chop the parsley and mint.
- Add three tablespoons of balsamic, the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir well and toss into the chopped salsa. Allow to marinate in the fridge for one hour.
- For the bruschetta – Pre-heat the oven to 365 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, reduce the remaining three tablespoons of balsamic vinegar until it has reduced by half or becomes thick and syrupy.
- Thinly slice the French bread, lay the slices on a sheet pan, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast the crostini for up to six minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Shred the manchego cheese over the toast and place in the oven for an additional 1-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve cold salsa on the crostini and drizzle with reduced balsamic and sprinkle with cheese.