Strawberry Shortcake Strawberry Shortcakes are cute, delicious and great for entertaining! Enjoy this recipe with friends and family for a sweet treat.
What you need
- Add all dry ingredients into a mixing bow. Stir in a little heavy cream and mix well
- On a clean surface, sprinkle flour, gently work the dough until incorporated
- Roll out the dough and cut into biscuits. Any remaining dough pieces can be re-worked and re-rolled to cut out more biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 425°F oven for about 14 minutes
- Quarter the strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Mix well and set aside
- Whip the heavy cream until you have “soft peaks” and a small amount of sugar to sweeten the cream. Refrigerate while waiting to assemble shortcakes
- Cut the biscuits in half; place the bottom half on a plate
- Add a spoonful of strawberries then a dollop of cream
- Place the top of the biscuit on the cream
- Garnish with a fresh mint