The Pepper Jelly BBQ Burger What's better than avocado, blue cheese, bacon, beer-battered onion rings and pepper jelly BBQ sauce piled high on top of a juicy, grilled burger? Nothing, you say? Agreed! My Pepper Jelly BBQ Burger is here just in time for summer, and is sure to become one of your favorites!! Play video
- 20 Mins
- 25 Mins
What you need
- Season the ground chuck with salt and pepper. Divide the meat into 4 equal balls and flatten them into patties. Refrigerate.
- Mix the bbq sauce and the pepper jelly together until incorporated. Slice the onion into rings. Make the beer batter by mixing the flour and beer into a thick batter. Set aside.
- Cut the bacon in half and fry until crisp. Dab with a paper towel to remove the excess grease. Set aside.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Once the grill is ready, place the burgers on the grill and cook for 2-6 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the patty. Allow the burgers to rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- While the burgers are cooking, Heat the oil in a frying pan. Dip the onion rings into the batter and place one at a time in the hot oil. Turn once they are golden brown. When both sides of the onion rings are golden brown, place them on a paper towel.
- Peel, deseed, and slice the avocado into thin slices.
- Assemble the burger by placing the bacon on the bottom bun, add the hamburger patty, avocado, several crispy onion rings, sprinkle with cheese and smear with pepper jelly bbq sauce.