Tomato Ackee Chutney A little sweet, a little spicy, and full of local flavor to add to egg dishes or serve with warm, crusty bread!
- 15 Mins
- 30 Mins
What you need
- Add oil to a medium saucepan & heat to medium-high.
- Add onions & garlic, stirring occasionally for about 2-4 minutes & season with salt & pepper.
- Add thyme leaves, scotch bonnet pepper & tomatoes to the pan & cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour in vinegar, honey & brown sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium & allow the mixture to reduce to a rolling boil & cook down for about 13-18 minutes or until the mixture has a syrupy consistency.
- Turn off and set aside.
- Blanch the ackee in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes & strain
- Fold the ackee gently into to the tomato mixture.
- Serve hot or cold.