Tomato Bisque When you're craving that warm, comforting dish, try my Tomato Bisque!
- 30 Mins
- 3 Hrs
What you need
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter and oil. Start to sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Add the tomato paste and cook until soft and caramelized.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the bay leaf, parsley, and thyme. Cook for about 2 hours. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Use a strainer over a large bowl and strain the stock in small batches. Return the strained broth to a clean soup pot. Bring the broth to a simmer.
- In a small pan, melt butter and stir in the flour in batches to make a roux. Whisk small amounts of roux into the broth until thickened. After the second or third spoonful of roux, check the thickness of the bisque. It should look like velvet in the pot.
- Stir in the heavy cream to finish the bisque. Cook for another 6-10 minutes and serve. Garnish with a drizzle of heavy cream and thyme.